It’s 10:27pm and I have to be up at 6am. Technically, that’s enough sleep. If I could fall asleep. My head just started going and going and now I guess I’m going to have to get some things done before I can get some sleep.
I just cancelled my Vonage line, but I kinda wish I’d done it forever ago. At my new place I have phone through the cable company and my Vonage line has just been sitting there costing me $18/mo. I thought I could use it for business, but when I try to set it up other things stop working. My router can’t seem to handle all these computers and game systems at once. I hope this was a good idea.
Now that I saved myself $18/mo with Vonage and $8 this month with Hulu (if you try to cancel Hulu+, they offer you a free month. Try it.), I kind of feel a little bit better. But I’m not quite sure it’s enough. What else can I do? I don’t know. Gah.
Is anyone even reading this?
Just popping in real quick to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
This is my personal review of the 3 day trial of Plexus Slim w/Accelerator+. This post has not been solicited and I am receiving no compensation for it. I wanted to try this because so many people I know said how much weight and inches they’ve lost on this product. The only negative reviews I’ve found seem to be crazy or sickly people who shouldn’t be taking it anyway. This product just seemed too good to be true and I wanted to try it without throwing hundreds of dollars down the drain.
The main reason I got the 3 day trial was because I am the type of person who can’t choke something down, no matter how good it is for me. The trial gave me the opportunity to try Plexus Slim without investing too much. I’m please to say that it doesn’t taste bad at all. It tastes like kool aid. I was so relieved when I tasted it the first time and I was actually able to drink the whole 12oz at once.
As per the instructions of the Plexus Ambassador that I bought it from, I drank the pink drink right before breakfast and took the accelerator with lunch. This method works fine because I’m used to taking my vitamins in the morning, then a thermogenic in the afternoon (before dinner, actually). My problem with eating is at night, so I kind of wish I had thought to try the accelerator before dinner. Either way, adding Plexus and Accelerator+ wasn’t an inconvenience for me.
Unlike most other people, I did not feel the urge to drink more water. I also didn’t experience reduced cravings. Actually, my cravings went back to where they were before I started taking the thermogenic. Again, I think this is partly because I was taking the accelerator with lunch instead of dinner. My cravings tend to surface at night.
End result, I have lost no inches and gained 3lbs. My friend Amanda, whom I begged to try it with me, lost 4lbs and felt more cravings for water.
I really didn’t expect 3 days to make a difference, but after this experience I won’t be forking over the $115 for a month’s supply. If you still want to try it, you can order Plexus from Jennifer.
This post is a little different because I don’t normally try to sell things or ask for money on my personal blog. However, I do believe that a community can come together and help each other. I believe that this can happen for her and so I want to share it.
My friend Vilmarie is about to turn 21 and she works 2 jobs. She works about 60 hours a week between these two jobs just to afford to pay her bills and it leaves very little room for luxuries, such as health insurance. Right now, Vil wears thick glasses to be able to see because a contact shattered in her eye and she can no longer wear them. She cannot legally drive without her glasses, making them a necessary ‘luxury’. Quality glasses are expensive and it’s an ongoing battle to keep them safe. All this sweet girl wants for her birthday this year is the gift of sight. She wants to get Lasik Eye Surgery, which will be about $4000.
Vil’s eye patch after her contact shattered in her eye. Read her story.
I suggested GoFundMe to Vil because it’s a good way to see progress and create excitement. Right now she only has $12 in donations, with 2 people donating $6 each. So, let’s break that down. If everyone donated just $6 it would take about 670 donations to make it. Who can’t spare $6?
I believe that when you do something good for someone else, it comes back to you. Put a little good out there this holiday season. Help make her birthday wish come true.
My Plexus Slim arrived Monday, I’m just waiting for Amanda to receive hers (it should arrive today). Tomorrow will be my first day trying it, but I only have a 3 day trial. I started with the 3 days because I’m worried I won’t be able to tolerate the taste and I don’t want to waste over $100 if I can’t. Thanks Jennifer* for helping me get the trial so I could give it a try.
Tomorrow morning will be exciting because I get to measure myself and cry.
Needless to say, the post including pictures, measurements, and starting weight will be PRIVATE.
But my vacation is only 4 weeks away and I want to be comfortable and not self conscious the whole time, so..
Today I decided I would check out this GoFit subscription on YouTube I’ve been getting emails about on the regular. They’re actually pretty annoying and I just delete them, but I need to make some progress here! The first video of interest I found was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I need a video I can work out to without the need of props, like exercise bands and such. This one only needs a yoga mat (which I have because I’m a yoga junkie) and some 3-5lb weights. I don’t have any weights of that size right now, but I’m going to check Amazon for some cheap ones while I look for the DVD. They only give you Level 1 for free on YouTube, level 2 and 3 are on the DVD. I don’t like Jillian Michaels, I think she has a pompous attitude, but I’m all about having a hot body so we’re gonna give her a try.
What do I have to lose (besides 30lbs)?
* I am not receiving compensation for these posts, I just like to support small business owners and direct sellers when possible.
Jenn tagged me.
- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
- My first website was called Whirlywind and it was on Geocities.
- My second website was called Mind Control and I got an email from a man who was very upset that my website didn’t have information about mind control.
- I spend too much time thinking over things I’ve said and done and worrying if people hate me because of them.
- I want to have enough money to buy my mom a camper so she’ll always have a place to sleep.
- I have to wear sunglasses every time I go outside because I get migraines from sunlight.
- I am avoiding doing work right now.
- I don’t know how to be happy.
- I rarely see any project through to reap the benefits.
- I wanted to be a photographer until I took a photography class in high school and realized I’m not good at it.
- I wish I had more pictures of my kids growing up.
- We own 2 SNESs, 1 N64, 1 Wii, 1 Ps2, 1 PS3, 2 XBOX360s, 1 original Gameboy, 1 Gameboy SP, 1 Gameboy DS, 1 Gameboy DSiXL & 1 Gameboy 3DS.
11 Questions Jenn Asked Me
- How long have you been blogging?
13 years. Wikipedia says that Greymatter came out in 2000, and since it was the first blogging application I guess that would be when I started. Before greymatter updates were just posted manually and there was no system for commenting, other than a guestbook.
- What’s your favorite color?
You know, it’s funny, but I didn’t even know what my favorite color was until one day I noticed everything I did was blue. My websites were blue, my clothes were blue. I’m gonna say it’s blue.
- When you go to see a movie at the theater, what food do you buy?
Well, this is kind of a weird question. My family has opted to buy a home theatre so we don’t have to go out and experience movies in the theatre (with the other people who talk or kick your seat.. or laugh at inappropriate times). But when I go to the Drive In we usually get dinner, which for me is a philly cheesesteak and fries.
- What’s one of your favorite songs (past or present)?
I don’t have a favorite song. I love music, but I think that MP3′s and the ability to listen to any song you want whenever you want just makes it impossible to have a favorite. You don’t have to wait for a song to come on the radio anymore or save up money to buy the whole disc. My Pandora radio station is based of the song Firefly, by Breaking Benjamin.
- Name something that you like about yourself.
Oh man. Right now I’m finding it hard to think of anything about myself worth liking. I feel fat and lazy and my life feels out of control right now. One thing I do like about myself right now is that my hair is actually playing nice. It’s growing out long and it isn’t being all frizzy and retarded.
- What’s the last book you’ve read?
I don’t know. I don’t read many books. I have very picky tastes and a very bad memory. I remember once when I was a teenager I read a book twice because after I finished it the first time I still didn’t know what it was about. I read the words, but I didn’t pay attention to them.
- Do you use the public library?
No. I don’t really read books, but when I do I like to own them.
- Do you feel there is too much technology in the world today?
Too much technology? No. But I do feel like we’re irresponsible with it. When your entire family is at the dinner table on their cell phones playing games instead of talking, that’s ridiculous.
- Name one helpful tip for getting more traffic to your blog.
Visit other blogs and interact. When you interact on a blog, that blog owner and their visitors are likely to come visit you and interact with you, especially if you say something worth reading.
- What’s something that’s on your bucket list?
I don’t have a bucket list. That might change as I get older, but I’m more worried about surviving the present.
- What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Bloggers I Nominate
- Jenny @ So Very Me
- Amanda @ The Suburbanista
- Jenni @ Story of My Life
- Angela @ Radkitten
- Cazz @ Nerd Burger
I need to get to know more bloggers again! Almost all my old blogging friends aren’t running sites anymore. I think this list will do for now, but I may add to it! Let me know if you’d like to be on this list.
- What does blogging mean to you?
- How much money would it take to make you happy today?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Who is your favorite female comic book character?
- What is your favorite video game of all time?
- Finish this sentence, “Happiness is..”
- What would YOU do for a klondike bar?
- If someone gave you $5000 right now, what would you do with it?
- If you could pick one weakness to overcome, what would it be?
- What movie do you want to see next?
- Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu?